A sad death case happened in Melbourne, Australia. Firefighters found a woman's body on the top floor of her two-storey house was in Newport, West Melbourne after neighbors reported a blaze around 9pm on Monday.
After interviewing several neighbors for details regarding the fire, it was found that the woman was a heavy smoker and was believed that her lighted cigarette could have caused the fire. Commander Besanko said "The most likely cause at this stage of investigation was the smoking ashes or even the lighted cigarette tip set fire to a combustible material in the bedroom, possibly bed sheets that started this fire. It was the same as how most of the forest fire was started, by cigarettes." Continue reading