Quitting Smoking Aids Cancer Survival
I don't want to spend too much time dwelling on the well known (and lesser-known) diseases caused by smoking, or go into all the sickening details of these illnesses, so I'm going to address them here and then move on to discuss the myriad health benefits of quitting.
Some of the more common caused by smoking do include oral cancer, throat cancer, oesophageal cancer, pneumonia, lung cancer, stomach cancer, bladder cancer, chronic cardiovascular and lung disease. But are you familiar with the new list of illnesses linked to smoking, such as leukaemia, pancreatic cancer, kidney cancer, cervical cancer, stomach cancer, abdominal aneurysm and hardening of the arteries?
Then throw in the possibility of stroke, asthma, vision loss, discolouration of teeth, skin wrinkling and premature ageing, and you have many good reasons to quit. Here are some more well-known facts:
- Cigarette smoke contains more than 4000 chemicals – more than 40 of those chemicals are carcinogenic (cancer causing) toxic substances! Microscopic particles of these poisons enter your bloodstream via your lungs.
- Approximately half of all long-term smokers will die early from tobacco-related illness.
- In August 2006, Science Daily, based on the findings of University of Florida scientists, reported that cigarette smoke can turn normal breast cells cancerous. The poisons found in the smoke block the ability of the cells to repair themselves, which can eventually lead to tumor development.
- Every cigarette smoked reduces your life by an average of five minutes.
According to the World Health Organization, smoking is the single largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the world. Australia has 19,000 smoking-related deaths every year. Smoking is a prime factor in heart disease, stroke and chronic lung disease. Quitting Smoking Aids Cancer Survival
IT IS TIME TO STOP!
Here are some of the main poisons contained in cigarette smoke, and other places where they can be found:
- Ammonia – used in floor cleaner
- Arsenic – used in rat poison
- Butane – used for lighter fluid
- Cadmium – used in batteries
- Carbon monoxide – car exhaust fumes
- Formaldehyde – used to preserve body tissue in corpses
- Hydrogen cyanide – the poison used in gas chambers
- Methane – used in rocket fuel
- Nicotine – used in rat poison.
IT IS TIME TO STOP!
When will you stop?
Most smokers think: 'I'll quit tomorrow.' Unfortunately, for many people tomorrow never comes, or if it does it is already too late. Studies show that smoking shortens the average person's life by seven to eight years. And smoking-related illnesses can be slow and painful killers: Quitting Smoking Aids Cancer Survival
- Emphysema slowly rots your lungs, leading to constant bronchitis and difficulty breathing.
- Lung cancer is caused by the tar and poisons found in tobacco smoke. Nine out of ten lung cancers are caused by smoking. Most people who get lung cancer die. Lung cancer is a very unpleasant way to die.
- Heart disease and strokes are much more common among smokers than non-smokers.
IT IS TIME TO STOP!
Here are some more negative effects of cigarettes:
- reduced sense of smell
- reduced sense of taste
- stained teeth
- plaque on teeth
- gum disease
- increased cavities
- ashtray breath
- dry lips
- ugly staining of fingers
- premature ageing and increased wrinkles
- anxiety about health problems caused by smoking
- stinging and itchy eyes
- blindness and cataracts
- cancer of the lips
- cancer of the mouth
- cancer of the throat
- cancer of the larynx
- cancer of the oesophagus
- liver cancer
- stomach cancer
- cancer of the pancreas
Other than that, there's not much wrong with smoking except that children who are regularly exposed to cigarette smoke are more likely to get bronchitis and pneumonia in their first year of life. They are also at increased risk of suffering severe asthma attacks. Children whose parents smoke are more likely to become smokers.
Take charge of your health and your life now!
Remember you can reverse the dangers but not if you keep smoking.
IT'S TIME TO STOP!
It's time to stop smoking. It's your choice. If you can't give up cigarettes easily, you can try my method. I simply switch over to smoke electronic cigarettes instead of the traditional cigarettes. In this way, I stop harming myself and families! You can order yours today!